Sunday, September 15, 2013

Reaction to a trial (poem)

Never had to go through anything too hard,
God promised He wouldn't give me more than I could take.
Sometimes it feel I can't get through,
and there's only wrong decisions I make.
I can't see the end and the way is kinda grim,
I want to give up and cry,
but I choose to lean on Him.
It's hard when faced with the unknown,
and you don't know what's ahead,
I get a little anxious,
not deal with it, enough said.
It doesn't work that way,
at least it won't help the issues I'll face.
I have to let go and let God,
stand firm in a rocky place.
It's take one day at a time,
it's a process or a journey,
So never thinking too far ahead,
it will just overwhelm me.
No point in kicking and screaming,
throw all kind of things around.
Can't hide or ignore what's going on,
I know where my strength can be found.
God uses difficult situations to build me up,
and I will have many in my life,
but I can't let it get to me,
just fight against the strife.
I won't always know the meaning behind a trial,
I just have to take it and endure.
God knows better than me anyway,
and He'll be with me for sure.

Written and copyright by Charmion B. Thomas (aka Poetic Princess)

No comments:

Post a Comment