Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy New Year and Happiness Ahead

Welcome to 2015!

First I'm going to praise God for blessing me to see this year. I'm looking forward to just continuing on with the things I have already made commitments to do and grow/mature as a young Christian woman. There are new things I want to do, but I don't want to start now just because it's New Year. I rather what until I know it's the right time so I don't quit or begin what I can't finish because I should have waited anyway.

So I'm very active on Facebook and I see plenty of people who talk about their new commitments and goals for the year. Honestly sometimes I wonder what is motivating people to choose what they want to do this year. I think it is really easy to set a goal and say what you want to do, but why? Everyone wants to "get fit", but why? Some people want to start a business, but why? Why this year and not before?

I ask myself "why", so this isn't just pointing the finger. I don't like doing things without purpose. I like to figure out if what I want to do will please God, benefits others, and mean something to me.
I don't expect everyone do think that same way, but I do hope that resolutions, commitments, and goals made are done with thoughtfulness and good reason.

Honestly the main thing I look forward to this year is more happiness. There's so much negativity and disorder going on, I just want to see people find happiness in some way. I know that's not easy when so much is going on personally, socially, and in the world. It's like "how can I/you be happy, when there's violence, chaos, death, persecution, etc happening?" and I understand that doesn't make anyone feel "happy". Although I like to still find that "silver lining" in all that goes on, because I like to be good and happy when it's the right time to be so.

 I find happiness in the Lord, because He is the one in control, can change things, and gives the real feeling of happiness....more like joy I should say. So this year, whatever comes my way, I will look to the Lord for peace, contentment, and happiness. I don't want to stay stuck in the negative.


Well that's all I have for now. I'll be back sooner than later with more to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment